Music Blog: deciding on song and music

 I've been spending the last few months finishing my final task assignment, which was to make an opening sequence for a movie. I am the only actor in this opening sequence because I am working almost completely alone. My mom is helping me with the filming of the video because I couldn't find anybody else more capable. My characters are The Hooded man(antagonist) and Jack(protagonist). Jack wears an orange shirt and Blue jeans while The Hooded man wears a Raincoat and green pants.

Also, The Hooded figure uses a shovel as a prop, and Jack uses a flashlight for part of the film. The filming process took about 3-4 months to finish. Our filming date would have always been sometime during the weekend when my mom and I aren't that busy with work or homework. Since, this film took place at night these recording sessions had to happen at night which made scheduling for a time to film a little difficult. Most of the time on the weekends filming would begin after I was done with work for Saturday night.

Now that I'm done filming, I am researching different music that would work well with the genre of my video. I found a different kinds on youtube but they weren't free, and I wouldn't want to message a song writer about whether or not I could use their music in my video. After I realized this I started searching for music in the public domain, this way I don't get copyright strike on youtube. In a few minutes of searching I found a whole website filled with free, non-copyrighted spooky music because my video was based on the thriller genre, which make people feel uneasy.

After listening to some of the clips of music I chose one so far that I think would fit my video well, which is called Mind Chaos. It was made by Kevin Macleod, who makes a lot of public domain music. This music sounds mysterious and eerie. I still think I need more music in my video though and I am still figuring out what sound track I should have. This soundtrack might take a while to decide on.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Task: CCR