Reshoot Blog: Refilming early scenes

I allowed my mom to peer review my final task video, which I worked on for a long time. I was working on this project for about 3-4 months with my mom assisting me to help with recording. I asked my mom to help me peer review this project because she didn't know anything about it which meant she wouldn't be a factor of bias. She helped to point out some mistakes I made in my Final task video. These mistakes that I made were minor but still needed to be fixed.

The Opening sequence takes place at night. Since the film happens at night, I have to prepare to record at night on the weekends when I have free time. My Opening sequence for my final task is about a person named Jack and a hooded figure. Jack wears an orange shirt and blue jeans and The hooded figure wears a Raincoat and green pants. Jack uses a flashlight as a prop and the hooded figure uses a shovel as a prop in the film. 

I would usually record these clips at night after the night shift at my job on a Saturday. If I didn't record any clips on Saturday, I would try to record on the following Sunday night. Anyways, My Mom was glad to give me some pointers on what I did wrong and help to fix those mistakes. One think she said was that my expressions in the video seemed fake and should look more expressive. Also, she said in some of the scenes I should stop slapping my forehead when it didn't turn out good.

So to alter the mistakes I made when previously recording, I found some time last weekend to fix some of the mistakes that my mom pointed out. This recording session was done to fix mainly some acting mistakes in earlier scenes that we recorded. In the newer clips that my mom recorded, I sounded a bit better with being expressive when acting. Also, I stopped slapping myself in the forehead which made the new shots look way better than the older ones. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Task: CCR