Final Task: CCR





Script For CCR Video


(Nathan) “Hello Brandt I would like to ask you a few questions about your film project” 

 

(Brandt) Ok, what would you like to know?

 

  1. (Nathan)How does your film use or challenge conventions AND how does it represent social groups or issues? 
    (Brandt)One way my product challenged conventions is by presenting my movie in a portrait format instead of a landscape format like most films. My film used conventions by including violence at the end of the video when the secondary character (The hooded figure) knocks out the main character (Jack) with a shovel. Another time when my film uses convention is when the diegetic sound in the film is silent in the background of the film to create an eerie feeling. Also, the hooded figure stands above Jack speaking to him with authority as Jack cowers in fear. My film also takes place at night to give a feeling of suspense which is also another way it is following conventions. My film mostly does not mention or show any social groups but issues that are implied in my film are crime or violence, for example when the hooded figure states that they are here to punish Jack for his mistakes/crimes against others, which are not

  2. shown or stated in the film. 


  1. (Nathan)How does your film engage with audiences AND how would it be distributed as a real media text? 
    (Brandt)My film engaged the intended audience by giving them a feeling of suspense because there was no music or anybody talking other than Jack for most of the film till the hooded character appeared. Also, the film creates a sense of mystery when Jack looks for the source of the sound, he heard offscreen. It also helps the audience think about the crimes/mistakes that Jack made, and the film allows the audience to think about who the Hooded figure is and what his motive is when it comes to Jack and his crimes. This film could be distributed as an example opening sequence for future Aice Media students who want to make an opening sequence based on a similar genre of film like mine. 


  1. (Nathan)How did your production skills develop throughout this project? (Brandt)Mostly in this project I got used to using Capcut on my computer which is slightly different from the one on my phone, for example the scroll wheel for viewing the video is very hard to see at the bottom of the screen. Throughout this project my production skills improved when editing the multiple different titles that appeared and disappeared in the video. When editing all these titles in their places throughout the film, it was hard to decide where I should place the titles. (on the top or bottom of the screen). I realized after I filmed that placing the titles wherever it did not block the actions of the characters of the film was ok. Also, I learned how to add transitions to words while editing this video and I used to fade in and fading out to give it a creepy effect.  
     

  1. (Nathan)How did you use technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project?  
    (Brandt)In this project the tech I used to create the film included my computer, my phone and my mom’s phone, and my editing application: Capcut. My computer was used to find music for the video and to submit the production blogs for my video, which described the various stages of my project. My mom used her phone to record the different parts of the video, along with the different takes for those parts. Lastly, I used the application called Capcut to edit my video on my computer, usually I would use my phone to edit but I decided to use the computer to see what the difference was between the 2 which was minor, for example the computer version had everything the phone version had minus the annoying scroll wheel at the bottom of the screen.  


      Music: Mind chaos plays 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog